Based on the stage show of the same name, Everybody's Talking About Jamie has been given a 12A age rating for infrequent strong language, moderate sex references, discrimination.
The movie stars Max Harwood and Lauren Patel in lead roles with Richard E. Grant and Sharon Hogan also making appearances.
The movie is directed by Jonathan Butterell who also directed the stage version in 2018.
Jamie New is a 16-year-old who doesn't quite fit in. Instead of pursuing a traditional career, he dreams of becoming a drag queen. Uncertain about his future, Jamie knows one thing for sure -- he's going to be a sensation. Supported by his loving mother and amazing friends, Jamie overcomes discrimination and bullying to step out of the darkness -- and into the spotlight.
BBFC certificate breakdown.
- Title: Everybody's Talking About Jamie
- BBFC age rating: 12A Certificate
- Reason: infrequent strong language, moderate sex references, discrimination
- Release date: 17th September 2021
- Runtime: 115m (1 hour 55 minutes)
- Director: Jonathan Butterell
- Starring: Max Harwood, Lauren Patel, Richard E. Grant, Sharon Horgan
All news coutery of our partner site 25thframe.co.uk, movie news