Marvel kicked off a new franchise this weekend with an incredible weekend box office as Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings makes its UK debut at the top of the chart.
Also new this weekend was Rise of the Footsoldier: Origins which made its debut at number 10 with £122,897 and Annette which is new at number 12 with £86,670.
UK box office QuickView
- Number 1 - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (1st weekend)
- Highest debut - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (@1)
- Longest run - The Croods: A New Age and Space Jam: A New Legacy (8 weeks)
- Highest total gross - The Suicide Squad (£13.8 Mil.)
UK box office top 5 weekend breakdown 3rd - 5th September 2021
A new movie and a new franchise launch from the Disney/Marvel crew as the kung-fu fighting Chang-Chi tops the UK box office with £5.7 Million.
This is only a slither lower than fellow Marvel movie Black Widow which debuted earlier in the year after many delays to nearly £7 Million.
The future looks promising for the movie with little in the way of high profile movies coming out in the coming weeks.
The sleeper hit from director Shawn Levy falls to number 2 this weekend after a trio of weeks at the top with a weekend gross of £956,248, a 41% drop.
The movie which has been on the box office for 4 weeks not has taken £13.3 Million and is the 5th top movie of 2021.
The horror remake falls to number 3 this weekend with £754,097, a decent 32% drop over last weekend, taking the movies 2 weekend gross to £2.9 Million.
Falling to number 4 this weekend is the children's hit movie which takes £465,037 on its 4th weekend, a 17% drop from last weekend, which takes its total gross to an excellent £6.8 Million.
The Disney hit adventure movie stays at number 5 this weekend with £205,762, a 46% drop from last weekend.
The movie has now taken £13.8 Million over 6 weeks of release and is the 7th top movie of 2021.
This weeks top 10 UK Box Office films
See full chart
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - £5,759,504
- Free Guy - £956,248
- Candyman - £754,097
- The Paw Patrol Movie - £465,037
- Jungle Cruise - £266,156
- The Suicide Squad - £205,762
- The Croods: A New Age - £186,027
- Space Jam: A New Legacy - £184,004
- People Just Do Nothing: Big In Japan - £137,501
- Rise of the Footsoldier: Origins - £122,897
All news coutery of our partner site 25thframe.co.uk, movie news