UK Box Office Weekend Report 10th - 12th March 2023: Scream 6 is the top new movie and makes its debut with £3 Million over the weekend
makes its debut a the top of the UK box office with a £3 Million debut when including Thursday previews, on the Friday to Sunday chart it enters at 2 with £2,4 Million leaving Creed III
at the top.
Also making its debut this weekend is 65 which is new at number 3 while outside the top 5 is Champions at number 9 with £376,816 and Tu Jhoothi Main Makkar at 9 with £194,217.
UK box office QuickView
- Number 1 - Scream VI (1st Weekend)
- Highest debut - Scream VI (@1)
- Longest run - Matilda: The Musical (16 weeks)
- Highest total gross - Avatar: The Way of Water (£76,922,252)
- Total UK top 15 this weekend - £10,808,093
UK weekend box office top 5 breakdown 10th - 12th March 2023
Highest New Movie This Weekend
A year after the previous installment of the long running Scream franchise comes the sixth release in the series which makes its debut with £3 Million which is the second highest of the series.
- The movie is the Highest Debut on this weeks UK box office chart.
- It has spent 1 weeks at the top of the UK box office.
- It grosses £3,043,922 on its debut weekend
- The movie is the 18th top grossing film so far in 2023
- The movie is a sequel to Scream which took £2,468,510 at the box office after 1 week in cinemas.
The sequel movie from the Rocky franchise falls to number 2 this weekend with £2.7 Million giving the movie a nearly £10 Million total.
- The movie goes Down the Chart to Number 2 on this weeks UK box office
- It grosses £2,705,980 over the weekend, a 46% drop from last weekend
- It has a total gross of £9,371,993 over 2 weeks of release
- The movie is the 4th top grossing film so far in 2023
- The movie is a sequel to Creed II which took £5,990,120 at the box office after 2 weeks in cinemas.
The latest movie from Star Wars actor Adam Driver makes its debut at 3 with a debut gross of £1.2 Million.
- The movie is a new entry on this weeks UK box office
- It grosses £1,270,409 on its debut weekend
The Puss In Boots sequel is still doing well on the UK box office and 6 weeks on the movie is at number 4 with a weekend gross of £902,867.
- The movie goes down the chart to number 4 on this weeks UK box office
- It grosses £902,867 over the weekend, a 22% drop from last weekend
- It has a total gross of £23,223,621 over 6 weeks of release
- The movie is the 2nd top grossing film so far in 2023
- The movie is a sequel to Puss In Boots which took £12,993,569 at the box office after 6 weeks in cinemas.
Starting its decent down the charts is the Ant-Man sequel movie from the greater MCU which is now 4 weeks on the box office and has a total gross of £18 Million.
- The movie goes down the chart to number 5 on this weeks UK box office
- It grosses £722,885 over the weekend, a 50% drop from last weekend
- It has a total gross of £18,357,719 over 4 weeks of release
- The movie is the 3rd top grossing film so far in 2023
- The movie is a sequel to Ant-Man and the Wasp which took £15,470,066 at the box office after 4 weeks in cinemas.
This weeks top 10 UK Box Office films
See full chart
- Scream VI - £3,043,922
- Creed III - £2,705,980
- 65 - £1,270,409
- Puss In Boots: The Last Wish - £902,867
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania - £722,885
- Cocaine Bear - £560,716
- What's Love Got to Do With It? - £486,773
- Champions - £376,816
- Tu Jhoothi Main Makkar - £194,217
- Epic Tails - £161,828
Robert has been a film buff since he first visited the old Palace Cinema in High Wycome when he was young.
After working for Ritz Video Film Hire, later Blockbuster Express, it cemented his interest in film and gave him the drive to go to university with the intention of working in the industy.
6 years of college/university studying film and Culture and he decided to take a different path, so he taught himself to develop websites.
8 years at Amazon, 3 years at eBay, a year at PayPal and 6 years running his own digital marketing agency and here we are writing and developing saltypopcorn.co.uk.