The 2021 version of Dune, which got a release across some of the world a few weeks ago, get released in many major countries this weekend and in the process goes to the top of the global box office.
Global box office QuickView
- Number 1 - Dune (1st Weekend)
- Highest debut - No new films this weekend
- Longest run - The Boss Baby 2: Family Business (17 weeks)
- Highest total gross - The Battle At Lake Changjin ($814.4 Million)
Global box office top 5 breakdown 22nd - 24th October 2021
Director Denis Villeneuve brings his vision of the classic sci-fi novel to the big screen which this weekend goes ultra wide into 76 countries and leaps to the top spot in the process.
The movie takes $87.5 Million on its 6th weekend of release, a massive jump of 90% over last weekends gross.
The movie has now taken a very respectable $220.7 Million over its 6 box office run and it will be in the top ten top movie of 2021 by next weekend.
The superhero villain movie falls to number 2 this weekend with a gross of $47.4 Million from 54 countries, a 40% drop over last weekend.
The movie has now grossed $352.4 Million after 4 weeks of release and is the 8th top movie of 2021.
The latest Bond movie falls to number 3 this weekend with a take of $44.9 Million from 73 countries, a 43% drop over last weekend.
The movie has now gone over the $500 Million milestone at the global box office after 4 weeks of release and is the 5th top movie of 2021.
The Chinese mega smash movie falls to number 4 this weekend with $31.9 Million from just 1 country, a 56% drop from the previous weekend.
The movie has now taken an amazing $814 Million, and from the single location, the movie is still the second top movie globally in 2021 but by next weekend it should be the top movie of the year.
The latest movie in the Halloween series falls to number 5 this weekend with $24.5 Million from 54 countries, a large 56% drop, which gives the movie a total gross of $90.9 Million over 2 weeks of release.
This weeks top 10 World Box Office films
See full chart
- Dune - $87,500,000
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage - $47,400,000
- No Time To Die - $44,974,514
- The Battle At Lake Changjin - $31,956,105
- Halloween Kills - $24,591,000
- Ron's Gone Wrong - $14,600,000
- The Addams Family 2 - $8,872,247
- My Country, My Parents - $5,210,500
- The Last Duel - $5,100,000
- The Boss Baby 2: Family Business - $4,318,000
All news coutery of our partner site 25thframe.co.uk, movie news