Director John Krasinski brings us his sequel to 2018s A Quiet Place and despite the long wait for the movie it dominates this weeks global box office.
The movie stars Krasinski real life wife Emily Blunt and has been hit by positive reviews and good global box office figures for a pandemic Hollywood movie.
Also making a big impact is Disney's Cruella which makes its debut at 2 while The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It makes a new appearance at 10 with a release in a few countries.
Global box office QuickView
- Number 1 - A Quiet Place Part II (1st Weekend)
- Highest debut - A Quiet Place Part II (@1)
- Longest run - Stand By Me Doraemon 2 (17 weeks)
- Highest total gross - Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train ($491.4 Million)
Global box office top 5 analisys 28th - 20th May 2021.
Taking over at the top of the global box office on its debut is the John Krasinski directed sequel movie which is released on 6 countries this weekend.
The movies takes a debut gross of $70.3 Million which is very good for a Hollywood movie during this pandemic era, and a sign that the box office is starting to return to normal.
Disney release their long awaited Cruella De'vil origins movie to the world and despite it being released on Disney+ Premium as well it enters the global box office at number 2 from 30 countries.
The debut gross of the movie is 37.4 Million which is reasonable but could have been higher had it not been for A Quiet Place Part II at number 1.
The lastest Fast movie falls from the top to number 3 this week altohugh it is only playing in 8 countries with North America, Europe and Australia still to come.
This weekend the movie took $30.8 Million, an 81% drop from last weekend, which takes it to $229 Million global gross, it is now the fourth top global movie of 2021.
Jumping back into the top 5 is the Japanese animated movie which is at number 4 this weekend with $16.4 Million, a 99% increase from last weekend.
The movie has been on the box office for 17 weeks now and has taken $47.8 Million.
The Chinese love story falls to number 5 this weekend with $5.1 Million, a 65% drop, giving the movie a total gross of $41.8 Million after 2 weeks.
This weeks top 10 World Box Office films
See full chart
- A Quiet Place Part II - $70,385,000
- Cruella - $37,400,000
- Fast & Furious 9 - $30,897,000
- Stand By Me Doraemon 2 - $16,462,000
- Love Will Tear Us Apart - $5,130,000
- Wrath of Man - $4,905,000
- Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway - $4,600,000
- Cliff Walkers - $4,174,000
- Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train - $4,071,000
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It - $3,900,000
All news coutery of our partner site 25thframe.co.uk, movie news